Ballet chic- yes please.

21 Feb

When I was in college I had a lot of ballet dancer friends.  You know the type, super skinny, amazing skin and they waltz around all day in shades of pale pink, gray and black.  And I want to be like them.

Yes, I want the body, but I am working on getting back to my best shape which will never be quite as dainty.

But I want to look like them when I drop Gia off to school and run to the grocery store.  Or show up at yoga class looking oh-s0-fresh and classy. Then I want a really amazing palest of pink wrap sweater to wear with a full just above the knee black skirt and silver patent leather ballet flats out to dinner.

And yet, finding this fashion is so very difficult.  My fear of ordering *real* ballet cover up clothes is that my football shoulder and marathon running legs will bust them at the seams.  And yet that seems to be my only route other than the gap.com ballet sweater.  Which I have ordered and will see if it works.

Any insight would be great appreciated.

About these ads

6 Responses to “Ballet chic- yes please.”

1. Tonia February 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm #

You can try getting things from actual dance stores, but I’ve found that don’t always fit me right either. I would imagine after black swan, some more ballet inspired clothing would come out. Here’s some sites if you want to check them out.

discountdancesupply.com
    dancewearsolutions.com

2. Tonia February 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

By the way, I think this post is funny. I always wanted to dress like you in college! You were always stylish and could piece everything together. :)

• bullandchina February 21, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

OMG- TONIA PUH- LEASE!!!!! The buns, the capri leggings, the collar bones…covet, covet, covet!!!!

• Tonia February 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Ha ha ha. Just for the record, I can’t get away with capris. My legs aren’t shaped right for them, which really suck because i love the look of a little dress over them. I’ll give you the collar bones though. A few months ago I was rockin the collar bones and a bit of my chest bones. Its gone now though. :( Mark thought it looked gross but I thought it was awesome. Is that wrong?

3. Mimi February 22, 2011 at 2:58 am #

My dear sweet daughter, love who you are, we do!!

4. Connecting Collegiates and Future Employers February 24, 2011 at 4:41 am #

LOVING this new blog! MISS YOU TOO! I have been a little under the weather-too much on plate lately! Call me tomorrow when you have a little time! I NEED to hear all about Lukey Boy!