Our first cold snap came through. For context, it was 104 on Friday and we had a high of 74 on Sunday. (Don’t be too jealous it is supposed to be back in the high nineties later this week-ek.) In honor of the fall and to give some exercise of my great love of all things Pinterest I had to make something new.
I don’t know what my deal is but I have been craving shrimp lately. Like preggo craving shrimp. No, I am not pregnant.
Even better…make it in the crock pot so it cooks all day and you just serve it up.
So here’s what you will need:
4 carrots, sliced into rounds
3 yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 yellow onion, finely diced
32 oz frozen corn
5 cups of chicken stock
6 oz half and half
Salt and Pepper
1.5 lbs shrimp
Here’s what you do:
1. Dice everything and throw it into the crock pot.
2. Cook on high for three hours.
3. Remove six cups (or whatever fills your blender) and puree.
4. Return to crock pot.
5. Add six ounces of half and half and 2 T butter
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Throw in raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
7. Place crock pot back on high for fifteen minutes.
8. Serve with warm crusty bread and a garnish of cilantro.
Easy, simple and to die for good. Just try it.